With everything you need to memorize, you need a tool to help you organize those ideas. A mind map maker will allow you to sort your thoughts and ideas. This article provides the top 10 free mind map software for 2020. Check out these amazing mind mapping tools below.
Best Mind Map Software in 2020
First off is GitMind. This amazing mind map tool allows you to arrange your thoughts and ideas by listing them one by one in a diagram format. Another special feature is that it has an outline function where you can group, organize, and see an overview of your mind map in a listed order. Moreover, project planning and team development will be a lot easier with its collaboration feature. Check this amazing tool with the following steps.
- Search “GitMind” at browser and go to the template gallery to select your desired mind map template.
- Input your thoughts and ideas and if you want to customize your mindmap, you may proceed to the layout options.
- Finally, save it by clicking the “Save” icon or you may get it by hitting the “Export” icon.
- It has a full change history feature so you can preview and edit your map anytime.
- Can save to image or HTML
- For small business only
Another tool that is a great resource to arrange your ideas is Bubbl.us. It has tabs ribbon that shows you the list of all the currently opened mind maps on the interface. With countless concepts, you’ll surely find a visual aid for your idea. Moreover, its premium version offers unlimited mind maps, a real-time collaboration, history revision for your mind maps.
Coggle (Web, Android, iOS)
- Can add Mathematical formulae
- Can export .mm and text
- Can not combine maps
We also have Coggle that offers a structured and interactive way of making mind maps fast and easy wherein its interface shows a list of handy shortcuts for editing purposes. One great point is you can share it with other to give access to your map. Moreover, you may also set permission to your collaborative group into an organization, by individuals, and on a private link.
FreeMind (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- Its map can be exported to HTML and XHTML
- Offers built-in icons
- Lacks emoticons for designs.
Another free mind map software we listed here for you is FreeMind. This is an amazing tool written in Java where it provides and covers a wide range of exporting capabilities on multiple platforms such as on Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux. Moreover, its export feature offers a flash-based way of sharing your file into HTML and XHTML.
- Integrates with Google and saves its data to Google Drive
- Offers “Measurements” feature where you can visualize and manage money, time and effort and help you to plan, budget, and control the breakdown of your budget tasks.
- Difficult to add extra information to nodes
MindMup is another great application. This tool helps you create a mind map and is very easy to use with a simple and lightweight interface. Moreover, you may create outlines for your documents and presentations for free. Furthermore, using this tool also allows you to convert your maps seamlessly to PDF, PPT, and others and you may publish and share your mind maps online.
XMind (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS)
- Offers a slide-based presentation
- Allow you to make different charts such as business charts, org charts, tree charts and many more.
- Slow running application.
XMind is an open-source mind map application that offers Microsoft commercial extensions with Microsoft Excel-like functions and features where you can open, rename, and duplicate multiple sheets in one map. Another thing that makes it unique from the rest of the tools is that it has a “Matrix” chart to make an in-depth comparison for your analysis content.
Draw.io (Web, Windows, macOS)
- Great for process mapping.
- It offers great output without losing its quality.
- Its performance can be laggy when making a complex map
Draw.io is very useful when it comes to making mind maps. It’s simple and provides a large collection of default themes and templates that you may use to style your diagram. Also, it offers a number of advanced cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. Its unique feature is that you may integrate this tool with Jira and Confluence.
Mindomo (Web, Windows, macOS, Android and iOS)
- It has a playback mode wherein you can review the changes you’ve made.
- Has notes features where you can add links, notes, images, tasks and many more.
- It does not offer a workflow diagram.
Mindomo is an precision-based mind map software that is available on both web and desktop platforms. Also, it allows you to access existing maps made from Mindomo, MindManager/Mindjet files (.mmap), FreeMind files (.mm), Mindmeister file (.mind), XMind file (.xmind), Bubbl.us file (.xml), OPML file (.opml), and Text file (.txt) with its import feature. Another unique point is that is has a playback mode where you can preview how your map was built.
SmartDraw (Web, Windows, macOS )
- It can easily produce clean and professional mind maps.
- It offers basic floor plans and Architectural Symbol Library.
- It does not offer a multi-user collaboration.
SmartDraw is another great application we recommend. This tool uses automation to create mind maps fast and easy. It also offers vast templates that include different fields such as legal, as well as in medical. Meanwhile, having a lot of symbols in its object libraries is what makes it unique to other mind making tools.
Ayoa (Web, Windows, macOS, Android and iOS)
- It allows you to save on Dropbox, Google Drive, and on Social Media sites.
- It offers a lot of free themes and templates.
- Color choices are limited to its layout options.
Finally, we have Ayoa. Aside from being a free mind map app, it also offers a different style of mind mapping feature where you can see the mind map as a task board. Also, it has a “My Planner” which you may use to schedule each event, plans, errands, and other tasks to help you save your time well.
These are the top 10 free mind map software for 2020 to assist you in collecting and arranging your thoughts and ideas quickly and easily. With these tools, you may be able to save more time and effort making mind maps, as well as to share them with your teammates online.