Working in groups provides a lot of benefits. One of these is the ability to gather various suggestions, which can improve efficiency and generate high-quality product. One way of collecting ideas is through brainstorming. Basically, sit down as a group and talk about ways to get the work done. However, it is easy to forget the ideas suggested during a brainstorming session due to the spontaneous flow of suggestions. To keep track of the brainstorming session you can use a brainstorming tool to organize your ideas. On that note, here are some brainstorming app that you can use to organize your thoughts when brainstorming.
Top 10 Brainstorming Softwares
GitMind is an online platform designed to help users in terms of mind mapping and visualizing processes through flowcharts and diagrams. All your work are synced across all your devices, mobile, and laptop. Moreover, this allows you to sort out ideas, and refine each thought while brainstorming is on going. This is made possible with the help of the tool’s “Cooperation” feature. The fact that it has a simple drag-and-drop function to assist you build and arrange diagrams more conveniently makes it the best brainstorming software available.
- It allows users to easily share their results, link projects, and collaborate on projects.
- It provides a variety of helpful and stylish templates.
- All data stored on its cloud storage are secured.
- It provides less templates compared to other paid apps.
Bubbl.us is a cloud-based mind-mapping application that you can access online. Unlike most mind-mapping tools that provide other options, it exists solely to improve your mind-mapping process. Being a cloud-based app enables you and your colleagues to work together to generate new and unique ideas. This brainstorming app is one of the simplest processes in creating a Bubbl.us account since it is a requirement to have access between your colleagues to collaborate. Aside from that, it also provides an autosave feature, like most other online mind-mapping tools.
- You can save your outputs as an image format.
- It offers a great color combination for the best viewing experience.
- High cost application on its full service.
- It won’t let you select multiple bubbles to move.
Another professional mind-mapping tool that you can use is MindManager. This is also one of the easiest brainstorming app that supports both Windows and Mac OS devices. The interactive charts here helps your colleagues understand the relationship between ideas better. The appealing visuals in this tool promotes clear information dissemination and lets your team-mates add their own ideas. Additionally, it lets you add videos, hyperlinks and attachments to your charts. Aside from the visuals, it can save your mind maps as Word document files.
- It is especially well-suited for Business and Corporate Mapping.
- Users can graphically map out data and information.
- Lack of a comprehensive image library compared to other brainstorming app.
- Integrating branches on a map might be difficult sometimes.
Price: Windows Version – $349, Mac version – $199
Lucidchart is a diagram and flowchart software that lets you collaborate with your teammates. Compared to other mind mapping tools, its uses are varied. Also, tools are helpful for brainstorming because of the diverse templates and functionality. Device compatibility is not an issue since the tool supports Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. On the other hand, it also has an offline mode that lets you work on your mind-map, even without an internet connection. That is why we also included this on the best brainstorming software listed in this article.
- Enabling the whole organization to understand how each operation interacts with the other divisions.
- Highlighting areas of potential between each workflow.
- Its free edition has a lot of features. However, you can’t print the entire chart you’ve created.
- There are instances when the line function does not operate properly.
Price: Free Plan; Pro version – $7.95/month
Another tool you can utilize is Wisemapping. Most users recognize this tool as an online app or just a web-based program. However, it also provides desktop software. It is one of the few programs yet powerful online brainstorming tools you can use over the internet. Or, if you want, you can also download its software and run it from your servers. This will provides additional security and exclusive collaboration between team members. In addition, This tool also allows users to import and export ready-made templates.
- The main advantages of WiseMapping are its deployment versatility.
- It has security mechanism that keeps data safe within the system.
- The performance of this tool depends on the internet connection speed.
- It just serves a limited purpose.
GroupMap is one perfect example of free brainstorming tools designed for online collaboration and idea-sharing. Users can add their ideas to each cell, and then others will see them in real-time. It provides ready-made templates or you can simply create your own. GroupMap lets you set parameters about the topic to guide your colleagues along the discussion.
- Fast evaluations are simple to do with remote teams.
- It is simple to set up a procedure for group brainstorming and decision making.
- Whenever you missed an idea when grouping, you should un-group everything and begin over.
- The trial version of this brainstorming app offers only a limited templates.
Price: Basic plan – $20/month, Professional Plan – $60/month, Organization Plan – $100/month.
Mindomo belongs to the desktop software line of mind-mapping tools that has conversation features like real-time chat and comment options. This feature allows you and your team-mates to discuss every idea, and create better ones by sharing thoughts and suggestions. Like other online programs, you can create interesting mind-maps using the themes available within Mindomo. It also has an option that provides a link for your mind map which you can share with your members. On that topic, it offers one of the greatest online brainstorming tools to experiment with.
- It allows the user to copy and paste the whole branches to other mind maps.
- You can also easily share it and organize as well.
- Its a bit difficult to operate compared with other mind mapping tool.
- The mobile version features is very different from PC.
Price: Team account of up to 5 members – $26/month.
Another great tool is Stormboard. It provides a comment thread for each idea shared on the digital white board. This way, users can keep track of each idea and discuss how to refine and improve them. Similar to other free brainstorming tools, it provides templates to save your precious time. You can also access your mind-maps on your mobile in case you come up with an idea on the go.
- The reporting is amazing, particularly the one-click complete suite report in Spreadsheet.
- The templates are ideal for adopting a variety of techniques.
- It offers a limited color palette for cards.
- It has a quite restricted scope in terms of how concepts may be explored.
Price: Team accounts – $10/month
Next on the list is Freeplane. This open-source software runs on JAVA and can be used as your brainstorming software. You can create complex mind-maps with Freeplane because of the different node options. You can manually arrange your ideas, or let the tool organize them for you. This tool can also encrypt your mind-map with a password to protect it from unauthorized access. In addition, this brainstorming app lets you export the mind-map on your computer and send it to your colleagues for their suggestions.
- The editor’s interface is quite simple and clean.
- It enables quick transcription of the mindmap’s structure into a bulleted list.
- UI and shortcuts are complicated to modify using this brainstorming app.
- It doesn’t have a mobile version as well as a web-based program.
Finally, we have The Brain. This is desktop mind-mapping software that provides a user-friendly graphical interface. Probably the best thing about the tool is that it automatically shows the connections between your ideas so you can track your ideas easily. You can also access your maps via mobile with the Sync option. The same can be said of your teammates, as they can access your mind-maps once you share it with them. They can then add comments and their own ideas to the mind-maps. Having said that, You can try this brainstorming software to learn more about it other functions.
- It has a great point of clarification system.
- It allows you to visualize all of your active cycles, tasks, and discoveries.
- You have the option to cancel your membership at any time, but there are no refunds.
- Internal connections, along with all data types and folders, are synced exclusively with Pro Services.
Price: Complete Package – $299, Service only Package – $15, License only Package – $219
In general, every brainstorming app works the same way in that they all provide a convenient way to keep track of and organize your ideas. However, When selecting the proper tool, you must evaluate both usefulness and pricing. If a free tool can give the same functionality as a paid program, it makes sense to use the free utility. GitMind is an excellent example of a premium online application.