A great way to represent data in various industries is by using tree diagrams. This is one of the common forms for diagram that can be made easily anytime. However, depending on the type of data you are presenting a simple tree diagram can become complicated. That is why you can employ the use of a tree diagram maker when the going gets tough. This way, you’ll be able to create appealing diagrams easily. Learn more about these tools below.
Best 10 Free Online Tree Diagram Makers
- GitMind (Web)
- Lucidchart (Web)
- Creately (Web)
- Edraw Max (Web, Windows, Linux and Mac)
- Gliffy (Web)
- Draw.io (Web)
- Visme (Web, Windows and Mac)
- Venngage (Web)
- Canva (Web)
- Visual Paradigm (Web)
GitMind is a mind map and diagram maker that is accessible via web-browser. It supports various diagram creation functions like online collaboration and more. The tool is a decent choice since it doesn’t require any kind of download and installation. GitMind is absolutely free to use which makes it a reliable option when in need of a tree diagram creator. There many pre-made templates that you can use to save time if you are in a rush. Overall, GitMind provides an efficient way to make a tree diagram all the time. Here are the simple steps that you can follow to use this tool.
- Launch the tool from a web-browser and then click the “Get Started” button from the homepage. Next, click the “New Mindmap” button to launch the editor.
- Click the “Layout” button from the floating toolbar and select the tree diagram generator layout. This way, the nodes will automatically arrange themselves in the form of a tree diagram.
- Once done editing your diagram, you can click the “Floppy disk” icon to save it on your cloud. Alternatively, you can save the diagram locally on your PC, just click the “Export” button and then choose the format that you want.
Lucidchart is another online tool that you can use to make tree diagrams and other types of charts. Just like the previous tool, you can also use it for free, but not entirely. This means that there are certain features that you can only use if you upgrade to the premium version. Lucidchart also provides online collaboration which is usable for free. Apart from that, you also have the option of using templates if that is what you prefer. That is why, the next time you search for an online tree diagram generator, you can try this tool.
- Supports the use of keyboard shortcuts for faster operation
- Sort out your diagrams by container
- You can add various images and link to your diagram
When making diagrams online, one of the frequently used tools is Creately. This online diagramming application provides quick access to its editing features with its compact and intuitive editing panel. Aside from the tree diagram, you can use it to make Venn diagram, flowcharts, and organigram. This tree diagram maker is one of the few that provides free resources to its users.
- Provides a media library for your screenshots
- Can be integrated with Google Images
- Allows importing images from your PC
Edraw Max (Web, Windows, Linux and Mac)
Edraw Max is a business diagraming software that supports tree diagram creation. The tool is accessible online, and offline via its desktop version. You can use it to make organizational charts, and other forms of charts related to tree diagrams. Edraw Max supports 2D drawing provides CAD tools as well. These features are not common among other tree diagram creator which makes it a must-try.
- Provides fashion illustration tools
- Collaboration feature for online users
- In-app image editor
Next tree diagram software that you’ll probably use at least once is Gliffy. It provides easy ways to create tree, UML and other types of diagrams. Apart from those, you can also use it to design posters and other visual aids. Gliffy is free and available on both desktop and online. The app runs on HTML5, and provides a cloud-based function for its online users which is why it is a highly-recommended tree diagram generator.
- Drag and drop interface
- Save files in various image format like JPG, PNG, and SVG
- Can be integrated with Google applications
If you want to make a tree diagram from scratch, but have no time to download and install a software, then use Draw.io. The simplistic and straightforward design of this tool makes it a quick solution to your tree diagram needs. It features an extensive set of templates, and specialized shapes and elements for tree diagram creation. The best thing about this tree diagram generator online, is it’s entirely free. You can download your creation on your PC for free as well.
- Can be integrated with Confluence and JIRA via plugins
- Supports import/export of VSDX files
- Provides customizable media libraries
Visme (Web, Windows and Mac)
Visme is an online chart and infographic creator and is one of the best at that. The tool is widely used across the globe, and is trusted by big names in various industries like AXA, Marriott and Fujifilm. However, the tool is not entirely free to use given its credentials. Visme provides professional diagrams for various occasions and purposes to save the time of its users. Alternatively, you can also make your own chart on Visme.
- Provides a presentation mode with 3D images and audio
- Has an extensive library of shapes and objects in its tree diagram maker
- Can be used to make graphic designs like logo and others.
Venngage is a professional online infographics and diagram maker that is used many people. In-terms of tree diagram making capabilities, Venngage is decent enough. Its difference with other tools though lies in its library of templates. The templates here are professional looking and are made by professional designers around the world. That is part of the reason why this is a great tree diagram generator.
- You can add multiple pages to your tree diagram
- Use business and premium templates according to the situation
- Allows you to share your templates to others via URL
Next we have Canva. This is a tool used by graphic designers to make creative logos, posters, diagrams and infographics. The tool is web-based, and provides an ample amount of design templates to choose from. You can also make your own tree diagram here if you have the knack for it. Aside the usual elements, you can add various other things like video clips, and background music to your creation. These are some of the reason why this is a great choice for business presentations and other professional functions. On the other hand, as a tree diagram generator online, Canva is good enough.
- Design your tree diagram with your team with online collaboration
- Different image filters for more appeal
- Drag and drop mode of editing
Visual Paradigm (Web)
Last but not least is Visual Paradigm. Among the others in the list, Visual Paradigm is one of those that you can use both online and offline. This is possible by using the web-based and desktop version. Visual Paradigm is a straightforward tree diagram maker because of its simple editing panel. Some of its other features are mentioned below.
- Effective UML, ArchMate and DFD tool
- Extensive format options
- Drag and drop editing format
Technology has advanced so much in the past decades, that simple things like making tree diagram became a lot easier. This is due to the advent of tools and programs that helps you make these types of diagram. Tree diagram generators in particular are well-equipped these days with essential features. That is the reason why struggling to make complicated diagram has become a thing of the past.